Sunday, November 26, 2006

Perfect Day?

N.B. Have no idea what I was trying to say here so I don't think its come out very well...

Spend it with you
under covers
protected from chill air
a snowflake's demise
illuminated on the window

fingertips explore
sensitive touch on warm skin
soft lips come to rest
upon my neck
smothered with kisses

warm bodies, glide together
perfect rhythm and harmony found
desire satiated, arms embrace
head resting against chest

papers retrieved and breakfast made
croissants and coffee pass our lips
you look pensive with the news
whilst I show true with the magazine
sports section cast aside

oven switched on and emails scanned
papers continue to be read
great aroma penetrates the air
we sit and eat and drink
no need for words, smiles are enough

retire to the sofa with duvet and film
soon we're both fast asleep
we awake to the end credits
and within each others arms, we remain

you go out and collect the wine
and chocolate too
find me again under the duvet
complete with tracksuit bottoms
and fluffy socks

we talk about the coming week
you understand I just need your ear
I know you've told me all you want me to hear
reading each other like a favoured book

I know you're watching as I write
content to leave me with my privacy
you know I'll turn to you
but for now trust and silence are the keys
to a contented life and the end of a perfect day

5 comments:

Inconsequential said...

well, the base crass side of me says some-one just had a dirty weekend :) Lucky Lucky Lucky!

The other sensetive side ( i have one! I do! - just well hidden...)

Says what a lovely image of a caring couple. That comfortable love of secure knowing.

it's cool anyway.
a pleasant change to enjoy what appears to be a love poem, of course, if i have missed a key queue and shot of on a tangent, well, I'm the stupid one :)

Inconsequential said...

though, trackky bottoms...
kinda lowers the standard somewhat :)

hope it's the dirty weekend...

:)

Inconsequential said...

ooooh, is the title relevent????

gosh, could be so sad, this could now be a longing thing, a desperate mournful cry, a tired and lonely soul, wishing for something they shall never have, or had, and lost.
some poor soul, in a life of misery, with a romantic dream to hope for.

cool, like it even more now.
except the tracksuit bit...

:)

keep 'em coming it's good stuff.

Anonymous said...

Ah now see your 3rd conjecture was almost right...you know me...happy? I don't think so, that just so isn't me :)

Inconsequential said...

maybe if you stopped wearing tracksuits, and maybe went for, oh, i dunno....tight black jeans??

and that nice little red number from an earlier post...

:)

sorry....on the verge of getting smutty...