Friday, December 01, 2006

Damage

Words were spoken
with no self control
fears were heightened
as the truth unfolds

I had no influence
on what came to pass
and in the fleeting moment
a decision cast

I need you to know
it wasn't meant that way
I told her no
but on she played

passing soundbites
that weren't hers to share
thinking it was her right
my privacy laid bare

I wish I could tell you
this isn't me
it was a young fool
trying to impress, you see?

I didn't want her to say those things
should have kept them to herself
embarrassed you and made you cringe
and now the damage is dealt

I'll never retrieve that precious moment
a truthless lament has wrought it from me
all semblance of friendship has been rent
and no option now but to let it be

3 comments:

Inconsequential said...

cool

how different many things would be, if we just thought a little more before we spoke...

mistakes that have been spoken, too late to retract,
friendships become broken,
no choices, only to react...

Molly Bloom said...

Yes, the word that we cannot take back and the actions. I wish I could go back on many things I have done and said. It is so hard isn't it?

Inconsequential said...

time for another wonderful piece yet?