Saturday, October 07, 2006

Recesses

My head is hazy
as the clock hands turn
all feelings rent from me
leaving me naked

I have nothing to offer
no truth to tell
my thoughts buried inside
to remain undiscovered

The lies and truth merge
to form a myriad of tales
but my voice is silent
too scared to be heard

I wish I could find the words
I know are hidden deep beneath
I wish I could trust in man
not to judge me for my sins

My own mind is unrelenting
forcing deep secrets, to farthest corners
to be locked away where they can't harm
but I know this shouldn't be the way

Will someone show me the switch
that lights the interior of my mind
reaches and illuminates the dark shadows
so skeletons can no longer hide

Let my voice be found
full of regret and misgivings
let it be strong and loud
so that the past may fade

Only then will my confusion cease
and let colour and life seep back again
make melancholy and darkness dim
so conviction and vitality remain

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

:)

Molly Bloom said...

These poems are so full of sadness. Sometimes it helps to let the words help you to heal. I do enjoy reading the beauty of them.