Monday, October 23, 2006

Rain

cold drops upon warm skin
water upon the page
shaded from moisture
darkness surrounds

the cool water splashes my face
running in streams
onto the dampened page
the beauty and stillness remain

all is calm and quiet
legs cooling with water
the rain subsiding
all about me hiding

I like the world like this
dark and unimposing
no one around to judge

as I sit in the dark
watching the rain wash away my words
transfixed by the sodden pages
and the coolness now within me

I hold my face up to the chill
wishing rain will wash the pain away
could sit for hours
just me and you, deep in thought

the coolness stirs a longing
for a life full of this
someone to share these moments with
quiet reflection, no needs for words

will understand
will leave me still
will hold my hand
and loneliness kill
Pic from here

1 comment:

Inconsequential said...

another good one :)