Saturday, September 16, 2006

Remembrance

do you remember the good times
like the night we first kissed
stood in the darkness no sense of time
ensuring the opportunity wouldn't be missed

2 kids not knowing what was going on
spurred on by lust and later love
in that parking lot a seed was sown
our bodies fitting like a glove

i never felt that way any more
the rush of raw emotion and the thrill
the way your love lifted me from the floor
and in my heart the love continued to fill

the movies were completely right
it really could be this way
fireworks illuminating the sky at night
and keeping all my fears at bay

they all told us it was not to be
we didn't listen, spurred on by youth
then soon i began to see
that loneliness was going to be the root

of my ever increasing distraction
and ever longing despair
making my love open for retraction
a break with no hope of repair

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's good.

and it rhymes....I find it hard to do that...

Anonymous said...

Depends how creative I'm feeling and this was in my drunken creative ramblings stage. I try not to rhyme all the time cause I feel it limits my choice of words and the flow of the dialogue