Saturday, September 02, 2006

Lies

The mirror always lies
not showing me in deep
this twisted reflection
of who I should be

Who am I?
I'm supposed to be responsible
but when did I grow up?
does a mortgage mean I'm an adult?

which is the real me?
the professional worker in a sterile cubicle?
the partner complete with ironing board?
the goth who forgets her dark side?

The flirt who hides a secret?
the blogger who fits the mould?
the child who doesn't want to grow up?
or the rebel who's lost her cause?

Who am I?
will I ever know
Will I like what I find?
do I want to know?

drifting by in life
filling the gaps that others want
giving myself labels so I'm easily placed
frustrated by the image I project

someone help me, show me how
let me be me
give me a life, some introspection
and maybe some peace

No comments: