Thursday, August 17, 2006

#2

Why did you look at her and talk and gush and smile?
Why let her into your life, after all this while?
Don't you remember what she did to you, the way you hurt and cried?
The way she twisted your life and all her god damn lies

Why would you let her have a chance to see what we've become?
The way we moved on from this, all the work we've done
To put all this behind us, to forget she was ever there
The way she ripped us apart and laid us out to bare

Why did you want to cast all our efforts aside?
For the person you promised you could not abide
Are there still feelings lurking within you?
I beg of you don't make me ask you to choose

Why have you chosen to effect me like this?
I asked why you needed to see her but didn't insist
I should have been stronger and made you see sense
Instead I now lie here all nervous and tense

Why did I let you go out of the door?
Afraid and scared that we would be no more
Perhaps it's the issue of you and what's already passed
Or maybe I knew we weren't destined to last

I now realise what a fool I have been
Only concentrating on the hurt that was keen
Return to me my love and we can begin
To repair our life and what should've been

No comments: